Monday, November 3, 2008

Week 1, Day 1...Square 0

3 mile run
17 mile bike

Slow. That's the word of the day. I haven't done much for the last month and a half. I definitely enjoyed my time off, but started feeling like a slug a few weeks ago. Work has also gotten crazy busy and I've started to miss taking a break at lunch to go for a run. It was time to start again. I started swimming about 3 weeks ago and tried running last week. Since Harvest Moon, I've swam 6 times, ran 4, and biked once. Totally out of shape.

I'm glad I did a few workouts before Week 1. I was starting to feel like I needed to get in shape before I really get in shape. And this way, there are no surprises with how slow I am. My runs have been 3-4 miles and the first few hurt. I've gotten a few seconds slower each run. Totally out of shape.

But, as Craig says, now I'm ready to start up again. And I am. Week 1, Day 1 was easy. Everything in Z2, though Z2 feels a little hard these days. I'm not focused on time right now and just trying to monitor heart rate and try to figure out how much I need to readjust my zones. So nothing too exciting with the run or the ride. It was my first ride on the Computrainer and so far, so good. Though it's definitely not as fun as power max. There's something about 7 other people dying along with you that makes you hold out for just a little longer. I'm going to have to get some good movies this winter. But tonight was a short ride and TV was enough to get me through it.

Complete aside: Tomorrow is a rest day. I know, I haven't done anything yet and I'm already getting a rest day. But there will be no resting. Tomorrow is The Day. November 4. The day we've been waiting ALL year for. History in the making. And as nervous as I am, I am optimistic that Obama will pull through to victory.

No comments: