Monday, November 17, 2008

More Hills

3 mile run
2000 meter swim


Another hill repeat day. Today was 3x400m. Since this was twice the distance as last week's hills, I had to find another hill. Last week's hill was just not long enough. I drove over to 75th and Jay - that's definitely a long hill and I should keep this in mind for the longer hill repeats. This was way more valid of a hill than some of the others I've been using.

I was expecting the run to be horrible. I felt so dead after the weekends activities. My arms were sore for most of yesterday after the swim. It hurt just to bend my wrists. And in general I had just felt exhausted. But I snapped out of it as soon as I got out of the car. It was so nice outside and it was great to get away from work for an hour. I warmed up for a bit and then hit the hill. I managed to negative split each interval for which I was very excited. And this is my first stabilizer week. It feels funny to say that being that it's week #3. I know the intervals weren't that long, but I was happy with the results. I'm starting to feel like I'm slowly making some progress and starting to get back to where I was a few months ago.

Carol was right. Wolfgang's class was definitely easier following Jane's torturous workout. Even the 100s on 1:45 seemed reasonable. Another successful workout. And tomorrow - REST!

No comments: