Friday, August 1, 2008

TGI...Swimday

2200m swim

Thankfully all I had to do today was swim. I was still recovering from my run and was pretty tired. My hamstring fortunately was feeling better, but the rest of me felt a little worn out. I was happy to be ending the week with a swim, especially considering the heat.

The swim wasn't anything special. I ended up going with a slightly slower lane, but at least I was able to keep up and didn't feel like I was slowly killing myself in the process. And I wasn't the last one in the lane either. So maybe I wasn't pushing myself all that hard, but sometimes you need a workout that makes you feel better. Since my swim on Wednesday had been such a struggle, I needed one that made me feel stronger and more confident. Sometimes it's not about how fast you are. Sometimes it's just about achieving a goal, regardless of what that is. Today I needed to finish a swim and feel good, even if it meant slowing down. Sometimes you just need an easy day and today was one of those days.

No comments: