Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday!

21 mile ride, 1650 meter swimFor my birthday, I treated myself to a nice, early bike ride. Okay, so it wasn't that early. I dropped the dogs off at daycare around 7 and then left from work. It was an all Z2 ride, so not a bad way to start the morning. And it certainly beats starting a ride at 6. After a lovely day at work, I headed over to the pool. Wolfgang is out this week, and you know how substitutes are. It wasn't a great workout and I got criticized for my stroke and not following through. This is nothing new and as Wolfgang likes to point out, it's something I do when I start to get tired. And I was tired.

I wasn't really planning on doing much for my birthday since I have an early morning 11 mile run tomorrow. I was a little hesitant about going out and eating too much and not being able to sleep or get up super early. Matt and I just talked about getting dessert. However, by the time I had finished swimming, he was just getting home and neither of us had eaten yet. We ended up going to dinner and getting two desserts (the server was new and didn't know the names of the desserts. So what he called the chocolate cake that I wanted was not actually the chocolate cake. When the order came out, he realized that this was not what I wanted, so we ended up getting both. I couldn't complain). And in the end, I ate too much. Should be a good run.

No comments: