Monday, July 14, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday...(I'm sure this title has never been used before)

1700m swim, 25 mile bike

Tapering sure can be boring. Sometimes you just want to go hard or fast. Today was not one of those days, but I'm just saying. But there's really not a whole lot to report during a taper week. Warning: this is going to be pretty boring.

I swam at lunch today and tried to finish up before class started. Otherwise I either get kicked out or severely interrupted. Fortunately it was a short swim and I finished with about a minute to spare. Absolutely nothing of interest happened. Everything went as I would have expected.

I was only supposed to ride 18 miles today, but I got into leading my cycling team's club ride as part of a gig we do for Rally Sport. There was one other teammate and one Rally member for a grand total of 3. I felt a little silly saying "Let's go really easy", so I kind of let them dictate the ride. We ended up doing the Boulder Peak course, sans Old Stage. I was not about to climb that hill. The ride, like the swim, was completely uneventful other than the fact that there was a great sky over the mountains.

And that about sums up my day. So, how many of you are still singing the song?

No comments: