Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's All in My Head

I'm not getting sick. I'm not feeling tired. I'm plenty prepared for this weekend. I know it sort of feels like I'm getting sick, but I'm not getting sick. It's only allergies, even though I've never had allergies. I think I must have had about 10000mg of Vitamin C yesterday.

I'm not getting sick. It's my new mantra. This and thinking positive thoughts and taking lots of Vitamin C and drinking lots and lots of water and drinking "immune boosting" tea after finally finding one that doesn't make me gag because of the licorice root.

I'm not getting sick. I ran 5 miles yesterday morning. And though it wasn't my greatest run since I had a little less energy than I would have wanted, it was still a decent run. Still better than last years equivalent. I was supposed to do several repeats of 1 minute of Z4 and then full recovery. The problem with this is that it takes me almost a minute to finally get to Z4. I am not like a fancy sports car. I can't do Z2 to Z4 in 60 seconds. Oh well. I could do the 5 minutes in Z3.

I'm not getting sick. I bagged my workouts today. I was supposed to ride and run. There was just no way I was going to get it in today - my schedule was too crazy. And I didn't want to get up super early to try and squeeze something in. I felt it was better to sleep in a little bit, even though I'm not getting sick. I should be able to get them in tomorrow, or at least one of them. They're so short at this point that it almost doesn't even seem worth it. But since I'm not getting sick, I should take advantage of the fact that I can be outside and can be doing these workouts.

I'm not getting sick. And that's a good thing because I still have a lot of packing to do. This is so unlike me. I usually have so much done in advance. But I just can't seem to get it together this time. All I have is my checklist. Number 1 on the list: wheels. The last time I flew with my bike, I made it to Adam's house (after breaking the window in Matt's truck) and realized that I didn't have my front wheel. Adam asked if I wanted to open my case and double check. I told him there was no point. I was absolutely sure that I didn't pack my front wheel. I had moved it to the side for something and had completely forgotten about it. Somehow, somehow, we were able to run back to my place (where I found the wheel exactly where I had left it) and still made it to the airport in time. I don't know how we did this - had it not been 5am, we probably wouldn't have made it.

I'm not getting sick. And because I'm not getting sick, I'm going to not worry about packing tonight and will instead go to bed early. Because I'm not sick and I feel...

SmileyCentral.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're going to have a great race! Positive thoughts. And it's a great race, fun course, and your in wine country. Not sure if you drink wine, but a good time to start if you don't.

Have a great race at Vineman. Once you get over Chalk Hill on the bike, it's smooth sailing.