Monday, July 7, 2008

Another Monday

5 mile run
This is one of those work weeks that I know is going to be painful. We have a big launch for the New York Times and we're pretty behind schedule. I've been dreading it all weekend, even though my stuff is all ready. Come on, what did you expect? Triathlete = anal. Dealing with all of the last minute requests kill me. And being rushed means making more mistakes, so it really is a recipe for disaster.

Anyhow, despite trying to prepare myself for it all weekend (with even an extra day to work on it), Monday still hit me like a bus. I rolled out of bed at 5:15 for my run. I really just wanted to roll onto the floor and go back to sleep. I somehow dragged myself out the door. It was an all Z2 run, which sometimes I love (like when I feel tired), and sometimes I hate (like when I wonder what is the point). I decided that I would try and love this one, primarily since my run on Sunday did not go well. So today I would redeem myself. I actually woke up pretty quickly once I started and was able to get moving at a pretty good clip. It's amazing how much faster I run first thing in the morning. I'm convinced it's because I'm still half asleep. Time flew by and suddenly I was done. It was a fast run, but I was in Z2 the whole time. Sensing some improvement motivated me for the day.

I then had the typical early morning rushing to get way too much done in too short of a time. Walk the dogs. Take a shower. Find clean clothes (remember, laundry tends to get pushed to the bottom of the list). Pack a lunch. Rush off to acupuncture (which, by the way, I think it totally working). Get to work. And then GO, GO, GO for the next few hours. I was supposed to ride at night, but I bagged it using the weather excuse. It did look threatening by late afternoon, but it was sunny and clear by the time I got home. I pretended not to notice by looking at the clouds that had already passed (there's a chance that the wind could suddenly shift directions and blow back the way it came, right?). I actually had a bit of work to do and had this grandiose idea that I'd finally get to fold and put away laundry. Ha! Didn't happen, but at least my intentions were good. But that's the way it goes sometimes.

And so ends another Monday.

No comments: