Sunday, May 2, 2010

Time's Up, Break's Over

Well, it's been months and it's time to start posting again. There has been lots of procrastination and not much to show for the last few months. I'll just blame it on life - last year was tough. But now it's 2010 and a start of a new decade, so no more excuses. I'm now about 4 months into training and well behind where I think I should be. Motivation has been tough. Work has been insane. And this weather has been, well, less than desirable is putting it mildly. But I ran into Cisco yesterday during my ride and he promised me that we're done with winter and that it's only going to be good weather from here on out. Power of positive thinking - if you think it, it can happen. Even when you're up against Mother Nature.

I'm about to head into another stabilizer week. I feel like I sort of need it but sort of don't. I've been working pretty hard during the week, but I having been slacking a lot on the weekends. And let's face it - when you work full-time, the weekends are what really count. But since we're only going to have nice weather, next weekend will already be better. In general things are coming along, but slowly. I ended up taking about 2-3 months off in the fall and it's taking a while to get back into shape. My swim and run are definitely getting back to normal. And I guess since I still suck on the bike, I'm back to normal there as well.

I've wasted yet another weekend, but at least I made progress in the home front. I have two garden boxes now built and the yard has finally been de-pooped! This is by far the best part of having dogs. To try and put it into perspective, Matt ran home to get tools, came back, and built the 2 4x8 foot boxes in less time than it took me to sift through the grass looking for smelly presents. And I started the other night, too! My back is killing me and I will never again go the entire winter without doing this. If I can get someone to change around the sprinkler system this week, we can have the boxes in the ground next weekend, and I can hopefully start planting after that - right on schedule.

No comments: