Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Excuse

I find it so hard to get started again after a day off. Should I be well rested and ready to go? I'm not. In fact, I think I'm more tired than before. Of course, it doesn't help when you spend 4 hours power interviewing people and trying to remember who's who. It doesn't help that after a 12 hour day at work, you come home to a dog that was sick everywhere (primarily carpet because pets only get sick on carpet). It doesn't help that instead of relaxing after a mentally draining day, you spend another hour scrubbing said carpet. And it doesn't help that you can't sleep after such a day.

I did get up and swim this morning, which actually felt pretty good. I don't usually swim well first thing in the morning (races are an exception) and typically go after work. But I went last week in the morning and felt great afterwards. I remember having so much energy at work and just felt wide awake. That came to a crashing halt by mid-afternoon, but still it seemed worth it. So I tried it again this morning and voila! Not quite the same magic as last week, but I did feel better than before I had started and it's great to start off the day feeling like you've accomplished something. Of course, it also meant that I was supposed to ride after work and it also seemed like there was a good chance to ride outside. But it didn't really happen. I left work late, felt cold and tired, and jumped on the trainer for 45 minutes instead. A cop-out I know. But at least I did something.

Tomorrow will be better. I'm heading to bed shortly and plan on leaving yesterday and today completely behind me.

totals:
swim = 2600 meters
bike = 15 miles (trainer)

No comments: