Monday, May 3, 2010

Ouch...I'm Hurting

Sooo, I am unbelievably sore after yesterday's adventures in the yard. I honestly think I'm worse than I was after CDA. Everything from my waist down hurts. I woke up wondering how I was going to get through the day. Considering I could barely get up and down the stairs, running seemed daunting. But fortunately work was crazy enough that I just had to get away at lunch and a run was desperately needed by noon. I was hoping it would loosen things up. I wouldn't say that it happened, but at least I didn't really feel sore running. I guess I got into the zone and stopped feeling it. This was not the case when I got back to my desk. I tried to move as little as possible, which is not easy for The World's Most Fidgety Person. But I had constant reminders to be still. I decided to numb myself with a lovely Zinfandel when I got home (after riding of course, but all the more motivation). And now I can dream of my day off tomorrow.

So, does this mean I'm getting old? Not at all!

But it does mean that I have learned from my mistakes and will NEVER again go another full winter without de-pooping the yard. It was my first winter with a yard. How was I to know? It's not in the Homeowner's Manual.

No comments: