Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time Warp?

So, supposedly it's mid-April. You'd never know it by the weather we've had the past few weeks. It seems like we're going backwards in time. Perhaps this is why my training seems to be losing ground.

It was a stabilizer week and I certainly took full advantage. I never really got my long run in for the week. I ended up back on the treadmill on Saturday and I always feel like I have to push a little bit harder on the treadmill since it's kind of cheating. Though it is much more mentally challenging. So maybe it evens out. I did a short swim after the run but I was pretty drained, so I cut it short. Very short.

I was hoping that today would be dry enough to ride outside. Perhaps it was and I was just too lazy or just not up for it. Driving around in the morning, some intersections were still pretty messy. I decided that I just really didn't have it in me to face the outdoors so I'll admit that while it was finally sunny and 60 degrees, I headed back downstairs to the trainer. But I did have Return of the King to get through. This might be my only chance. I will say that I was pretty surprised when I went to do my run off of the bike to discover how warm it really was. My excuse about the slushy roads seemed ridiculous. Oh well. Stablizer week. I promise I'll do all my rides outside this week.

Saturday: 8 mile run, 1500m swim
Sunday: 126 min. trainer, 2 mile run

No comments: