Sunday, April 12, 2009

3 Day Weekend

Friday: 16 mile run, 2000m swim
Saturday: 5 mile run, 3900m swim
Sunday: 3.5hr ride (trainer), 2.5 mile run

I took a guess on the weather and I was wrong. As a result, I missed out on my 90 mile ride. I kind of screwed myself. But I blame this winter in April crap weather we've been having as of late.

I ended up taking two days off last week, two days in a row in fact. My stress numbers were getting kind of high (low? they are negative numbers) and the week before was intense, so I figured I could use an extra day. It meant rearranging some things, but I think I got the important stuff in. I couldn't get to my long run until Friday, so maybe it's good that I missed my ride. It would have been tough to do on Saturday with how my legs felt afterwards. I've been running this new route (all of twice) now that I've moved. Teller Farms. It's mostly flat, except for when it's not flat. And when it's not flat, it's really not flat. I FINALLY was able to hit Z5 running. All it takes is running a Z3 set (2.75 miles) starting at
mile 7ish and doing it all uphill, including a section with a 7% grade. Yes indeed, that'll get my heart rate up there. I think I hit 165 (my ranges are on the low end of the spectrum). Very exciting indeed. Anyhow, it did take its toll on my legs. I took my second ice bath of the season (ouch!) and then treated myself to a hot bath after that (ahhh!). I love my new tub!



Saturday started out with a visit to the bank for a 2.5 hour discussion with my Financial Advisor. I do not recommend this. Yes it was good to finally get things in order after 10+ years of falling into disarray after a slew of uninvolved FAs. I left our meeting absolutey drained. So what did I do? I headed over to the pool where I felt like I was drowning slowly for 90 minutes. I probably should have just gone home to take a nap. I somehow made it through my swim - it did get better as I got more into it (like after 2000m). I went home, had a quick snack, and then went to bed for that much needed nap. I don't really nap and this was no exception, but I did finally get up feeling more refreshed. But I still struggled to put on running clothes and had to force myself out the door (I kept telling myself that it was the least I could do considering that I was possibly blowing off my long ride). I managed just under 5 miles at my normal pace, which was really surprising considering how much my legs hurt. Downhill was just downright painful. It felt really good to finish.

I awoke Sunday morning to dreariness. Actually, I was awoken Sunday morning by a friend who as going to go ride with me. We discussed the impending rain and decided to reschedule. I made it through 3.5 hours on the trainer before I ran out of movie. I forgot that I had only grabbed the first two LOTR from Adam and had gone through them both over the last two weekends. I gave up - not sure if I could have lasted much longer - and threw on my shoes and headed out in the rain for a small run. I really don't mind running in the rain. But I just can't ride it in. Aside from being absolutely miserable, I also don't feel safe. I finished everything up by 3 and then managed to waste the rest of the day doing who knows what (I did unpack a few boxes...)

I'm beat. And so looking forward to stablizer week.

No comments: