Friday, July 9, 2010

Stroke n' Stride #6

First Stroke n' Stride of the season. I did it more to support a friend and to get in another open water swim before the Peak. And despite some slight mishaps*, it went pretty well. I believe the swim was long, so I believe I am happy with my swim results. My transition was slower than molasses as I was checking in on said friend who was not staying for the run. But I was happy with this as well - it made me feel a lot calmer to be able to chat with friends and took some of the pressure off of myself. I was very happy (and surprised) with my run. It's amazing what rest and an easy week can do...

*slight mishaps:
- Too many jellybeans on the drive over to the Res
- I left my goggles and swimcap in the car and didn't realize it until about 5 minutes before the start of the race.
- Ditto for picking up my timing chip
- During the run over to both the car and the booth, the jellybeans took their revenge. I immediately felt insanely full and about to throw up. This made for a very uncomfortable run between swim laps and an even more uncomfortable run.
- I stepped on a sticker of sorts as I stood up to exit the water. It is a bad idea to try and balance on one leg to examine the opposite foot immediately after swimming a 1500. It is an even worse idea to try and do this while still in the water.
- There is such a thing as too many jelly beans, despite what Ronald Reagan may have said.

Beans Mexican
swim lap 1: 14:39 (yikes!)
swim lap 2: 16.22 (even more yikes!)
T: 2:06 (I definitely dawdled)
run: 23.58 (7:44 pace)

total: 57:04

age group: 2/7 (kind of funny after my last posting)
females: 13/41
overall: 39/103

No comments: